Welcome to the Digital Health Summit–New York City. We’ll explore the booming markets of next generation medical devices, remote monitoring, mHealth apps and products, cloudbased medical services, and wellness and fitness devices. Don’t miss this important discussion, led by renowned speakers in this emerging, high-profile field of digital health.
Keynote Session: Digital Health Takes on New York
With Mayor Bloomberg beating the drum of improving the health and wellness of all New Yorkers, digital health is coming to the rescue. Discover which core technologies are addressing the challenges facing Gotham and other major cities.
Big Pharma and the Art of Tech
Predictions are that medications will only be a small part of big pharma’s business over the next decade. So what will they be selling instead of drugs? You heard it first here.
Incubating the Next Great Idea
Big tech companies are acting like startups by incubating their own cutting edge digital health companies from within. Here’s a insider’s look at what’s going on.
Technologies we’re Betting Your Health On
- Aging Population
- It’s official. Fifty percent of the population will be over 50 by 2015. That means a change in the type of health services needed including technology to help an aging population live independently, connected and in top health.
- Game changing companies are working to transform life-threating diseases like Cancer into managed chronic conditions.
- Prosthetic devices with superhuman strength, caretaking robots, and telehealth robots are just a few of the next generation of medical robots we’ll be looking at.
- Big Data
- You monitor your heartbeat or steps per minute as an individual, but the hidden power of monitoring devices comes from the aggregation of the entire population. Here’s why big data is the big future.
- New Surgical Innovation
- Robots are beginning to perform delicate surgeries, often from inside the body, while under human direction. They can target “bad cells” to cut or deliver medicine and perform new non-invasive techniques destined to change the world of medicine.
If we learned anything at CES this past January, it’s that sensors are pervasive in every new cool tech getting to market these days. And health is definitely leading the way in this sensor proliferation. Constant tracking and monitoring through interconnected devices opens up unlimited possibilities for disease management and prevention leading up to new and remarkable business opportunities.
Metropolitan Pavilion in New York at W 18th Street
The Gallery (4th Floor)
June 26, 2013
Jill Gilbert, Producer, Digital Health Summit
Jill is the producer of the Digital Health Summit and Silvers Summit, the acclaimed adjuncts to the International CES® that showcase technologies and trends reshaping the worlds of healthcare, wellness and living a thriving life. Her Digital Health Summer Summit in San Diego, which premiered in 2012, earned rave reviews and will be expanding in 2013.
Robin Raskin, Founder, Living In Digital Times
Robin Raskin is the Founder of Living in Digital Times, a company that produces lifestyle events, conferences and thought leadership around the emerging technology sectors.
For program information contact: Jill Gilbert 310-500-2004 firstname.lastname@example.org